You are to write an essay/journal entry of at least 200 words on one of the following topics:

Imagine you are a Burmese official who is opposed to the British occupation of your country. You watch Eric Blair kill the elephant. Write down a journal entry in which you describe his actions, his behavior and his role as British official.
or
"As for the job I was doing, I hated it more bitterly than I can perhaps make clear. In a job like that you see the dirty work of the Empire at close quarters." (p. 70, l. 13-15). Explain and discuss this quote. 

Please post your essay by July 13th. If you want me to correct your work before posting, hand in a typed copy by July 8th, which I will return to you before due date. Please use the connectors on your worksheet on how to write a comment! Please think of your own title - a title that is specific to your comment/journal entry. 

If these topics don't appeal to you, feel free to pick one yourself, but please let me know what you would like to work on. 

Copyright © 2008 - Hölderlin Englisch 12 - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template